I finished Lauren's Waffle Mittens! Now I can start working on Tammy's Mock Cable Mittens...SWEET!!! I love how so many people love them, but I want to knit more than just Waffle Mittens. I mean there will forever be an indentation in my 60 Quick Knits book, but it is time for me to move on. I'm so sick of them. I did realize that I have been making the mittens wrong this entire time. Originally, the mittens are supposed to be K 2 rounds then k2, p2 for two rounds. Instead, I did k all for 2 rounds and then k1, p2. That's cool though; it's my own variation of the design. It makes my projects more unique.
Lauren was very pleased with her mittens...and they fit her perfectly. Call me strange, but whenever I plan on making mittens for anybody, I always measure their hands. This way the mitten customized. I normally don't have any issues with the hand itself fitting; it is the thumb that I worry about. There have been a few times where the thumb did not fit correctly, resulting in the yarn either stretching or being too big for the person. When knitted objects aren't made to perfection, people don't wear them. That makes me sad. I would rather see people wear their knitted goods than paying for them. (Don't get me wrong, I do charge, but it's probably not as much as I should charge. It's more of an incentive to finish the knitted project.) When people are wearing EMBellished Mittens...more people want them! That means two things: more knitting and $$$!
So for these new mittens I am making... they are from my favorite book: 60 Quick Knits: 20 Hats, 20 Scarves 20 Mittens from Cascade 220.
They are the Cables & Striped Mittens created by SpillyJane. The only downside to making these mittens are that Tammy is requesting me to make the mittens cotton...and not just any cotton...Lion Bran Cotton Fleece...probably one of the hardest types of cotton for me to work with. I am going to keep an open mind though while I knit them: hopefully it won't be too hard on my hands.
In other news, I am almost done with my Bulky Flip Tops. I ran out of Nashua Persia Yarn and have to pick some more up on Sunday. For some reason, I used more brown than white. I think it has to do with the fact I used brown for both the thumb and for the cover of the flap. Now all I gotta do is finish the other mitten and attach the mittens and they will be done!
That is all for now! Keep looking back for another exciting entry of EMBellished Knits soon!